Slippurinn Akureyri Ltd. was founded in 2005 when the current owners took over the former company, Slippstöðin Ltd., which had been in operation since 1952. In 2007, Slippurinn bought the company DNG, which produces the automatic jigging reel, and operations were merged under the name Slippurinn Akureyri Ltd.
Slippurinn Akureyri Ltd. is a leading company in its field in Iceland. It runs elevating structures and maintenance stations for ships and handles any kind of metalwork, machine repairs, shipbuilding, routing, and milling. The company also operates a carpentry workshop, provides sand/water blasting and painting, and trades in their own production and other goods to ships and other customers. Slippurinn Akureyri offers services to the seafood industry as well as comprehensive design, renovation, and maintenance of ships and their equipment. Projects ashore are also constantly increasing.
Delivery on time
- It is very important to deliver a product or a service at the right time. Slippurinn makes a detailed time table for each project and ensures that the product or the service is delivered on time.
- Slippurinn offers modern technology both in ship service and production of processing equipment. Our floating dock is one of the largest in the country, and we also have two slipways that can receive ships. Only certified high-tech is used to conduct general maintenance work on ships and in the production of processing equipment.
- Our designers have extensive experience and knowledge of working for the fisheries and fish processing industry, both in Iceland and abroad. The designers at Slippurinn seek to make use of the latest technology as well as utilize the experience of the staff. Close cooperation between departments within Slippurinn plays a key role in designing turnkey solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our customers. All of our solutions are designed in Inventor 3D.
- It is a high priority to offer great service and a strong follow-up to our work. In our team, there are many experts both in ship service and in the production of processing equipment; together we provide great service, and that is the main reason our customers always come back.
Human capital and experience
- Slippurinn has about 160 employees. This group includes the turners, steel smiths, carpenters, equipment specialists, laborers, and mechanics. The main elements of service at Slippurinn are renovation and repairs of ships, washing and painting, mechanical repairs, propeller repairs, steel repairs, and stainless steel construction as well as furniture work and any kind of maintenance of wooden ships.
All in one place
- If further expertise is needed, we call upon one of our great business partners because we place great importance on offering complete solutions to our customers. They need look no further.
(+354) 460 2900
Monday - Friday 8-16
Naustagata 2, 2 Floor